Saturday, November 27, 2010

My first Thanksgiving


Up early to start the turkey!

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving. It was very strange not having dad there, but the house was full of food, family and love and I know he was there with us. It was strange to think back to last year when we were first telling everyone about Madelynn and here we are, a year later, with a beautiful 5 month old baby and a missing loved one. Life is so short and so quick. In one quick blink of an eye everything is so different. Sometimes I just want to ask God, "What were you thinking taking my dad away? It was too soon, he wasn't done here!" But I know He knows better than me, but it is so hard to see the whole picture. How can he be that he doesn't even know Madelynn? This huge part of my life and he knows nothing about it. It is just so strange and unbelievable at the same time. Through it all, we had a goo time.

The night ended with a slumber party. How sweet!

2 comments:

  1. Kelsey, it must be so hard to not have your dad around, especially for holidays. My mom and dad love that they are so close to you guys and able to see Madelyn so often. I can't believe how big she is! We miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am often tempted to ask the Man Himself that question but I am afraid I will never get the answer either. BUT, if you do get one...please let me know. This year, for the first time, Thanksgiving felt kind of empty to me. I had the hardest time grasping the fact that my dad has been gone for five years! Where has that time gone?! What have I been doing?! I have this very dark feeling that I am forgetting him. :( You know though, you are wrong about your Dad not meeting Madelynn. I think he already has. You know the nights she sleeps, then suddenly smiles and chuckles are the nights your Dad is right here sitting with her telling her amazing stories. :) Don't lose faith my friend. If I can't...then you most certainly can't either.

    ReplyDelete