Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Valentine's Day Shirts

 This is the shirt I made for Madelynn and her friends for Valentine's Day.  I have to say, I am quite happy with the way it came out.  It really wasn't that hard so let me tel you how I did it.

I chose ribbons that went with a Valentine's theme.  I cut the size of heart I wanted out of card stock.  Then I selected the ribbons and laid them, with some space between them, on the heart.  I put a little tape on them to secure them there.  Then I cut them out in the heart shape.
I decided I wanted them to stay on a little better so I bought fusible hem strips.  I cut them to the size of each ribbon and ironed them on 1st.  (Be careful with some of the satin ribbon that you don't melt it.  You can place an extra piece of material over if you would like)
Then I stitched line on the top and bottom of each ribbon.  I stitched around the curved part of the heart also.  My stitching is not great, but I am still happy with the result.  It even washed up well!
Madelynn's pre-school group

Cuttie girls!  This is Madelynn, Britten and Bentley (two of Miss Ruth's kids).  She made the bows for the kids.
I think I might try this with a shamrock for St. Patrick's Day, but I better start a little early; it might be tough.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE these shirts!!! SOOOO cute! You are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete