Sunday, August 4, 2013

Alaska trip










We had such a great time in Alaska and I have not been able to get my computer to cooperate to get some pictures posted.  We drove to Colorado Springs and then flew out of Denver.  Madelynn was a champ on the plane and really loved meeting all the people around us.  I was nervous about how much she was talking but those around us seemed to enjoy her endless chatter and excitement about the plane ride.
We got to Fairbanks around midnight and it looked like it was about 5:00 in the evening there.  It was crazy.  I could not get over the 24 hours of daylight-thing.  It was so strange and cool to experience.  Madelynn didn't seem to have trouble sleeping - once they finally went to bed - but I didn't do quite as well. 
We did some amazing activities; a boat ride through Fairbanks and leaned about history of the area, gold dredging, going to Santa's house - which Madelynn loved, camping in Valdez, AK, seeing all kinds of wildlife and beautiful waterfalls.  But most importantly we got to spend time with the Stitts!  The girls miss seeing each other and had a great time together.  I love seeing them play together and pray they will always stay close no matter where Meghan and Sam live. 
Please remember the great time we had with this next statement-----I have NEVER been that hot in my life.  Yes, I was in Alaska but they were having a heatwave and I was 6 months pregnant.  Nothing is air conditioned there because, duh, it is usually not that hot.  I loved when we had to drive somewhere and I could sit in the air conditioner in the car.  We took the girls to a movie to enjoy some cool air.  Again, it was a great experience, but I was quite tired when we got back because I was not able to get much sleep.  Maybe next time I should go in the winter :)
What wonderful memories we built and I am thankful for an amazing time with my little sister.  I am so grateful that we are so close so matter how far away we are.  And just like any good trip, it was great to be home.  Madelynn was so excited to see her daddy!
***I thought I posted this a long time ago and just realized it was still in drafts.  Oops...

No comments:

Post a Comment