Tuesday, May 5, 2015

What a great idea....A Legacy Bible

I just think this is an amazing idea and I wanted to share it with all of you out there.  I love writing in my Bible and looking back at the lessons God has revealed to me over the years.  After my dad died I studied out of his Bible for a while and it was as if he was right there with me teaching me lessons.  There was so much comfort in seeing his handwriting and reading the words he had written.  One of the blogs I follow shared this the other day and I wanted to pass it on to all of you.  I am thinking about getting a Bible and studying out of it for the year and then passing it along to Madelynn.  Then I couldn't decide what to do about Annika.  Of course I want to leave one for her, but then I found myself asking those questions I don't like to ask myself.  "Will she be able to read?  What will her life be like?  How much will she function on her own?"  I hate it when these thoughts come into my head because they depress me and scare me all at the same time.  But then I thought, "Why wouldn't I want to leave a legacy for Annika?"  Even if someone is taking care of her, wouldn't they be reading the Bible to her?  I sure would hope so.  So, I plan to get another one for her and study out of that for a year and then save if to pass down to her.  
I hope you can use some of her ideas to leave a truly lasting legacy for your kids also.  
Click the picture to take you to her post.




Here is another resource if you are a bit more artistic than me.

Bible Journaling: What I've Learned and what I use...



No comments:

Post a Comment