Monday, March 15, 2010

Prayer request

As many of you know my parents had a 5th-wheel down at Elephant Butte Lake. It has been down there in the same spot for about 10 years and my parents had made it like a vacation home. My dad built a porch cover this fall and put in turf grass. He was so proud. This trailer was my grandparents and we adopted it when they passed away back in '96. Needless to say there is a ton of "stuff" down there. Well the time has come for us to clean it out, sell it and move on. It looks like it is going to work out for all of us (minus Bruce and Sam) to go down this weekend and go through this process together. I think it is going to be like loosing my grandparents and dad all over again, but it will also be healing. My family is very good at laughing and crying at the same time and make the most of a situation.
So, my prayer request. Please pray for strength for all of us during this time. Emotions will be running high, so please pray that we are all sensitive to each other's needs. There will also be 4 small kids down there, which can be tough when you have a lot to accomplish.
And most important, please pray for the right buyer. We need to sell it as is and we just want to be done with it. God has provided for us before the need even arose through all of this and I know He will again. So please pray that the right person is out there and ready to buy. Also, pray for safe travels. Meghan and mom will drive from Del Rio on Thursday and we will all meet them this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kels, we'll keep you all in our prayers and we know that God will provide for all of the situations and the outcomes will be in his timing and his will. Be safe and let us know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got it.

    I like that laughing and crying at the same time thought. We'll keep you all in our mind and prayers.

    ReplyDelete