Saturday, June 19, 2010

MADELYNN RUTH HATCH



She is here!!!! I can't believe it. 2 weeks early--I thought she would be late. I can't believe she is a week old already. Last Saturday seems like forever ago and yet it went so quickly. She is so precious!!!
So this is the run down of what happened. I got up about midnight Friday night to go to the bathroom, as I often did, and realized I was peeing down my leg. Thought that was strange. Then I realized it was probably my water not pee. I called for Bruce, he slept right though it, so I decided to go call my sister to see what she thought. She said she was sure it was my water and I really should call the Dr. So I did and the nurse said, "Are you sure you didn't just have a really full bladder?" My response..."I am standing here peeing as we speak with no control over it." She decided I should come in. It was perfect. Bruce had just gotten back from Vegas on Wednesday and Meghan had just arrived in ABQ at 8:30 that night. God is so good!!! So I showered, packed my bag and called my family and told them to get ready. We got to the hospital and I was at 2cm and the Dr. would not be in until 7:00ish. We waited, contractions got stronger, and my family was on their way.


Dr. checked me at 7:30 is was only at 3cm. He started me on pitocin (not sure of the spelling there) and the contractions got serious. I wanted some drugs. Got some in my IV but I really wanted the epidural. When it got too hard to stand I asked for more drugs, but I was at 9cm and they would not let me. At that moment I decided it hurt too bad and I had changed my mind and didn't want to do this anymore. Apparently it was too late for that choice. I "pushed" on :)


I pushed for about 1/2 and hour, they had to use suction because her heart rate was dipping and then there she was. It was so amazing. I still can't believe it.


I just wish my dad was there, I know he would have been so proud of me. Bruce was so happy, my family was all there and got to welcome her into the world. It was such a miracle.


She was born on my dad's best friend's birthday - Terry Moore. It was perfect.


3 stitches and we were done and I got to hold my beautiful baby. Bruce was an amazing coach. He is such a proud dad and loves her to death. It is amazing to see him with her.

2 comments:

  1. oh, and Eric thinks that the picture with Bruce holding her is hilarious, because of the sign in the back. He says in his opinion both rules were broken - that baby is unattended and there is no way that guy showed id. Just kidding, i bet he's a great dad! (and at least he's had lots of practice with nieces and nephews, which is something Eric never had!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my other comment never showed up - i've been stalking your blog waiting for pictures. she is SO BEAUTIFUL! and that is a really fast labor, especially for a first baby! count your blessings, Kelsey! we can't wait to meet her in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete