Sunday, February 20, 2011

Little Feet....



I was just telling Whitney today that it just amazes me to see all the things Madelynn can do. I thought she changed a lot there at the beginning but now it seems she grows everyday, and not just in size.

I took this first picture when she was about 2 months old and the other picture at 8 months old. I know she is still a baby, but she just seems so big.

It is such a miracle to watch things through her eyes. She gets the biggest smile on her face when she seems something she likes. She loves to watch the dog; even though the dog could careless about her - except when food is involved.

Just a couple of weeks ago she was scooting around. Now she can babble up a storm, crawl everywhere in the house; and shows quite the affinity for shoes - she gets that from her father - she stands up any chance she gets and tries to climb. I had to tell her tonight that we "sit bottom" in the bathtub and there will be no pulling up. She drops objects over the side of the tub and then tries to climb out to get them. Such curiosity and wonder.

When did all of this happen? I just had a newborn a few weeks ago and now all of a sudden she is this little person who is really showing her personality and independence. It just amazes me that I get to be part of her little life. That I get to witness the excitement and joy seen only through the eyes of a child.

No wonder Jesus tells us to come to him as little children with joy and excitement at just getting to know him. We are so clouded by the world that I think we loose some of the innocence as we get older, but God gives us children to remind us what it was like and what he desires from us. What a precious experience.




2 comments:

  1. Sweet Feet.

    It is fun to watch as they discover the world...and their power over it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do grow up so fast!
    I love the feet pic! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete