Sunday, March 6, 2011

5 Minutes.....

Please God, can I just have 5 minutes with my dad. Sometimes I try to bargin with God (I know I am not supposed to but I can't help it sometimes) and I think about getting just 5 minutes with dad and what I would say.
First, I would run and grab Madelynn so he could meet her and hold her and see how wonderful and beautiful she is. Then I would hug him and kiss him and memorize every little things about his face and hands so that I would never forget. I would shed a few tears (probably more) so he could keep them in his pocket for me like he used to do when I was little.

Then, I would tell him over and over again how much I love him and miss him and that he is the best dad, just to make sure he knows forever.

Then I would tell him all about what happened in the hospital and in AZ ( I don't know why I think he doesn't know this, but just in case) so he will know what happened and the strength that God gave us.

Then I will hug and kiss him some more. Just 5 minutes. Can't God spare him for that long? I don't understand why He can't just give me 5 minutes with my daddy.....I guess it is because I would just want 5 more....

2 comments:

  1. kels, god knows how you feel and so does your dad. your dad has all the tears that you've cried since he left and has them in his pocket...and when his pocket gets full, he gives them to god because god's pockets are like the pockets i wish i had some days when i can't seem to hold it all in my hands and arms. and even though it may be hard to remember, you do have all the lines of your daddy's hands and face memorized...in your heart always. as you look at sweet madelynn's face and hands and trace all of her lines, you remember your dad's. i am sorry you are missing him but rejoice in the fact that your dad is memorizing god's face as he looks into his eyes and god's hand as he holds on to it! praying for you=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, you are the best. You always have just the right words to say. You are so right. Thank you so much my friend. I know we will rejoice together someday!!! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete