Friday, July 15, 2011

Blessings

As I watched Madelynn at the pool for the first time today I realized how blessed I am. Over the years I have spent many wonderful days with my nieces, nephew, and friends' kids playing at the pool, going down the slide, playing at Big Bounce, going to football games, having sleep-overs, making pizza, gingerbread houses, and cookies. I cherish these days and look forward to more.




But, as I watched my baby girl in the pool for the first time today I realized how blessed I am to now do these things with my own baby. As I see the wonder of exploring things for the first time, watching her as the water splashes on her and the sun shines in her crystal blue eyes my heart bursts with joy.




All of the times I experienced these with other special kids in my life were just a small taste of this wonderful experience. I knew I had a precious opportunity then to watch these wonderful kids grow up, but I never knew how blessed and privileged I would feel to experience these moments with my own little one. God is so gracious to allow me this and I am so thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment