Thursday, December 8, 2011

Cutting Christmas trees

Aww, mom and sisters

and sisters (plus Madelynn because she had landed in the mud so she has to stay in the backpack)


Lodge group - we always try to get a picture with all the kids and adults and it is crazy. The kids were playing in the snow so we decided to just take one with the adults (again, Madelynn had to stay in the backpack - I am so glad Whit reminded me to bring it!)



Finally Bruce got her to put on her mittens, her hands were freezing



Give me the cookie and back away...I think she gets this look from her dad.




Our family Christmas picture



Another year cutting Christmas trees was a great success. We had quite a group this year. It has been so great to have Meghan so close that she has been able to go with us the last 2 years; we are really going to miss them next year (we don't' know where they are going yet, but I sure it won't be close). This was our 2nd year with out dad and it was still strange, but happy because we were together. I always feel very close to him and peaceful when we are up there. Having Uncle Larry and Aunt Pat makes it so special. I know my dad would be so thankful and proud of Uncle Larry for stepping into that role in our lives. Not that he tries to replace dad but he is there for some very special moments and makes it a point to be part of our lives and our kids lives, checks on us when we have bad days, calls for our birthdays, and gives the best hugs. I am so thankful that God has given us this little gift that helps us feel close to dad. It is amazing the people that God puts in our lives, maybe for a lifetime or maybe just a moment, that make our lives special and even more meaningful.

2 comments:

  1. I think I have seen that cookie face on you too... Don't put that all on bruce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is this you speak of Jessica? Lies...:)

    ReplyDelete