Saturday, June 23, 2012

Reflections of mommyhood

 I found a book my wonderful friend Lollie gave me before I even had kids, I think.  It has reflections of mommyhood over the years and I was amazed at how true each stage was.  Here are a few excerpt from it. (by P. Taylor Copeland)
The Pledge: It's up to me; I owe you direction, to nurture you and love you and give you protection.  This is my promise.
Newborn: Entrusted to me, I'll give you my best;  A bright future for you is my quest. 
I hold you often, both asleep and awake, if this is spoiling I'll indulge for our sake.





One:  While I cook dinner you play at my feet in your special cupboard filled with plastic treats...
Cuddle time come, a story is read; with love in my heart I put you to bed.
Two:  Your world is enlarging, there's so much to see; the zoo and the park and the pool (beach) are just three.
I'm here to protect you, to keep you in sight; your being safe in my ongoing plight.
Fascination erupts, you crave to learn; I use lots of sunblock so you won't burn.
Not always aware of why you're told "no", you are continually testing and ON THE GO!
When we go shopping I must advise, "We look not with our hands, but look with our eyes"
The terrible twos are thought of with dread,
But I say you're inquisitive and just want to be led.








I can't believe how she has changed and grows from day to day.   I saw a great reminder at my friends' house today. 
"Remember the little things in life...As you get older, you will realize they are the big things."
Sometimes I feel like I can't get things done, my house is a mess and my laundry is forever not done, there are finger prints on the back window, there are snacks in my purse, and each tasks takes twice as long as it should, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.  Seeing life through her eyes amazes me each day and reminds me of how life should be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment