Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summer favorites...

Here are some of my summer favorites that I just can't get enough of. 
The 1st one is carmel/peanut dipped grapes.  So good and refreshing, and really easy.  The problem is I was popping as many in my mouth as I was making.  (Yes, i saw this on Pinterest...I just can't help myself.



 My next favorite, from my friend Sara, is a dip but really a meal.  Saute some spinach, I added garlic, don't add S & P I made it a little too salty.  Chop up some rotisserie chicken and then a few spoonfulls of Green chile dip (sorry if you don't live in NM and are ready this because you can't get Creamland outside of NM).  Mix together and eat with chips.  See, great summer lunch.  Drink with a Diet Coke and it is perfect bliss.
 Thanks Jane for this one.  LOVE IT.  I am on my 3rd pitcher this week.  Crystal Light Mojito drink.  It is so refreshing.  I actually water it down some and actually get all my water in for the day.  Yummm, I will be taking this to school.
 And thank you Lynn for this one.  Super good.  You get about 1 cup water and a bunch of ice, International cafe sugar free (decaf for me) and blend it up and then add a couple scoops of Cool Whip (forgot the picture of this part) and it is a super yummy treat, fairly guilt free.  Now I add a scoop of vanilla protein powder and drink it for breakfast.  Really quite tasty!

2 comments:

  1. Definitely going to have to try the grapes! Can't believe I haven't seen it on Pinterest myself!
    Maybe you could FedEx me some green chile dip??? Put some dry ice in?? I'm going to look into that!
    Glad you liked the Mojito. It sure is yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good Jane. Maybe I can get some to you for Christmas...wait that is a long way away...maybe for Labor Day :)
    The grapes were great they just didn't keep really well. They still tasted good, just a little "wet" in the container.

    ReplyDelete