Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I love the good days....

"Good days" has a different meaning to me than it used to.  How to I measure a good day?  Well, a good day usually means I got more than 5 hours of consecutive sleep, Annika is still in the same outfit in the afternoon as she was when I dropped her off (meaning minimal spit up), Annika eats enough food to put on some weight, or Madelynn doesn't throw a fit because we have asked her to do something she doesn't want to do.  Now, it doesn't have to be all of those in one day; it could be a good days with just one or two.  I look forward to the good days and they have been increasing each week.

But your know what is funny about the good days?  The more you have, the more you get used to it.  And then all of a sudden you have a bad day and because of the good days, it makes the bad days seem even worse.  Even though the bad day might not be any different than everyday was a month or so ago, but because we have had more good days we start to forget.  Then it hits and it feels so devastating and frustrating.  We haven't changed anything; meals are the same, formula is the same, sleep....but still it is a bad day and it is a set back.  It will usually take us a week or two to overcome a few bad days.

But it doesn't change the fact that I still hope for the good days everyday.  I just have to remind myself that we will make it through the rain to get to the rainbow (as Dolly Parton would say).

Oh how glorious the rainbows will be!!!  At the end of the last 4 bad days we had an amazing rainbow.  Annika is actually trying to get into a crawling position.  It is so wonderful and it makes it all worth it.  I will post a video soon.

So, here's to the good days and trying to get through the bad days.

No comments:

Post a Comment