Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Such an honor

These are two of my soccer girls, Jordyn on the left and Elex on the right, and I have been their coach or teacher since the 7th grade. They have grown so much over the years and I am so proud of them. They have also taught me a lot about being a coach and teacher. Let me tell you, it has not always been easy!!!

We sure have had fun over the years and have some great memories. We learned life lessons from each other, had some tears, laughed so hard we cried, and are still having fun. It has been such and experience watching them grow into the wonderful people they are today. I was sad to miss their senior year of soccer, but we have still had some good times.
I know they will succeed in whatever they put their mind to.
Elex invited both Bruce and I (she was supposed to invite one influential coach or teacher, but I guess she thought since we had the same last name we counted as one) to share how we have supported her and inspired her over the years. I was her science teacher, track coach and soccer coach and Bruce was her track coach and guidance counselor. It was such an honor to know that what we actually do matters to some kids. It made me realize that I do this for a reason and it's kids like this that make me love it. Being honored like this made all the late night games and bus rides, dealing with irate parents, dealing with crying girls, and endless hours of planning all worth it. We sure have come a long way in the last 6 years and I was thankful to be on the ride.









1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet, Kelsey! I really admire your hard work and dedication to making a difference in the lives of the kids you teach. Happy Teacher's Appreciation Week!

    ReplyDelete