Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Lessons I have learned and confirmed....



  • My 1 year old is louder than a 3 and 5 year old (unless Shelby is crying, nothing is louder than that)


  • No matter what has happened, Mackenzie didn't do it


  • No matter what I make to eat somebody isn't going to want it/like it


  • Kids can entertain themselves just by saying butt and fart then laughing hysterically


  • Bath time is a great way to keep kids occupied and contained so you can have some quiet time


  • As soon as you hear water hit the floor and someone is crying, quiet time is over


  • I am not sure I am cut out to have 3 kids, especially not 4 by myself at Big Bounce


  • Nothing brings out the "territorialism" in Madelynn like have 2 extra kids playing with all her toys for 3 days


  • Turning on the TV will stop Shelby in her tracks and she can no longer hear anything going on around her


  • When one kid coughs they all start coughing


  • Life is crazy and you just have to laugh at the little things


  • When kids say, "I'm not tired" that means they could fall asleep at any moment


I had a great weekend with the girls and just had to laugh at how funny, crazy, whiny, and tiring they could be at times. I loved to see how they interacted with each other. Mackenzie and Shelby have the most amazing imaginative play. I really had to listen to what they were saying at times; they had the most elaborate stories. Madelynn and Mackenzie did the best playing together which I found interesting. I also noticed that my kid really likes climb and destroy things...little concerned about this. I am glad I am not instantly going from 1 to 3 or 4 kids becuase I think it needs to be gradual or I would go crazy. I find it amazing that people have more than 1 or 2 kids and can stay home with them with out going nuts. Especially in the winter time when they can't go outside and play. I am so thankful for this time I have had with Shelby and Mackenzie of the last few years and I am greatly going to miss these times together as they will be few and far between when they move to Alaska.



2 comments:

  1. You=brave. I don't know how people stay at home with more than two kids, either! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it!!! All of those are so very true and made me laugh:) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete