Tuesday, April 3, 2012

What is it about....



What is it about a freshly sharpened pencil and a clean, white piece of paper that just makes me what to write something? There is just something about sharpening a pencil, great smell, and looking at the fresh, clean piece of paper in front of you that just exudes endless possibilities. I could write a little or a poem or a story, or these days, a grocery list. It just takes me back to those school days when the teacher gave you your assignment and you began your creation and let your imagination flow. It was very freeing and peaceful at the same time. Wow, I was a nerd...

3 comments:

  1. Hey kels, I love school supplies. Next year Caleb is starting kindergarten, but the supply list is very very specific. It leaves no room for wavering whatsoever. Actually you can pay $50 to just let the school provide the supplies. So my dreams of going supply shopping are for nothing! Need to send you an invite for our blog....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I have a weakness for school/office supplies too. I think that it is the possiblilites that make them so alluring. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe this is why I became a teacher, so I could go school shopping every year :)
    Kelly, that is strange. I rememer Whit telling me the list of things the kids needed and it was very specific also. Things sure have changed.

    ReplyDelete