Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Never let up...

"So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members." Romans 7:21-23
Sometimes, ok most of the time, it feels like I can never let up. Just when I think I can relax and maybe not be as diligent about my prayer time or reading my Bible or just keeping God's plan for me in the front of my mind; BAM! Satan creeps right in. Just when I think, "I know this stuff, I know what God wants for me and I am on the right path"



WHAMMY!

There it is, spiritual warfare at it finest. It seems small at first. Maybe I am annoyed with my husband and then I have a bad attitude towards him. Or I let my students get to me and then I am rude to other students. Or I just let Satan into my thoughts and I am very negative and judgemental.


"And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light" 1 Corinthians 11:14

Whatever form it takes, I know it is Satan trying to get to me because he knows I let my guard down. Satan is the Prince of this world; he rules it. I know this and yet I let him get the best of me at times. It just seems like I am always fighting always having to move forward. As soon as I let up; whether it be in my prayer time, working out, laundry, getting packed for the next day....or a litany of things. As soon as I think I am "ahead" then something happens.

How do I avoid this? How do I stay on top? Oh that's right, don't rely on my own strength, remember that I can't do it on my own, and as Pastor Bob says, "Die to self everyday. Everyday He must increase and I must decrease." And this will be a fight/battle/war everyday until the day Jesus comes again. So I guess I just needs to succumb to that fact and trust God.


"Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:8-10

1 comment: