Friday, August 24, 2012

2 years a counting...


It amazes me to see how much Madelynn has grown this summer.  I remember seeing my friend's kid (Yes, little Piper) this spring and thinking, "Wow, she can do so much more than Madelynn."  I know...don't compare your kids, but I am normal I still do from time to time.  Well, I had to remind myself that the girls are 8 months apart and all kids are different, then I started to see so many changes in Madelynn.  Well, here are some of her highlights at this point....
*  She sings "Jesus Loves me" before she goes to bed at night and loves for me to sing "her song"  which is the Gilmore Girls theme song.
She sings Itsy Bitsy Spider, with the motions, the caterpillar song will melt your heart, and at preschool she is learning the pledge.
She insists on saying her prayers very night and asks Jesus for a baby brother (sometimes a sister)
*  Nothing is "out of reach" she climbs on everything...and if you hear her counting 1,2,3...you better get ready to catch her because she is jumping off something.
*  She loves fruit snacks, peanut butter sandwiches, cheese, and Daddy's crackers
*  She repeats everything...I mean everything. 
*  She can count to 10...when she wants to
*  She is a daddy's girl!!!  They cuddle in the morning and watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and sometimes I am not even invited.
*  I love it when she corrects me by saying, "Actually...." - I am sure I will hate it later
*  When she wants to do something she says, "Maybe, I have some chocolate milk...or what ever she wants".
*  She knows most of her colors but won't always perform.
*  I love it when she says, "I sorrwe mama." 
I could go on and on.  Really I just wanted to get some of this down while I still rememberd.  Even though she makes me crazy and is very good at being 2, I love her more than anything.   


2 comments:

  1. What a cutie!!! Enjoy those wonderful moments :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always had your doubts about the kind of mama you were going to be but with moments like those, how can you doubt yourself anymore? You have so many more memories to create and record! :) Awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete