Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Playing with my new camera...

I have had the same camera, my Kodak Easy Share, for almost 10 years. I love that camera. It has been to Greece, Tennessee, New York, Ohio, Las Vegas, Arizona, Texas and countless trips to Colorado with us and takes good pictures. It is starting to show its age. It doesn't hold a charge very well but everything else about it is pretty good. It is fairly compact and has a great zoom, plus it is very dummy proof. So when I thought about getting a new one it was very hard to find one that would meet these requirements. I wanted something that was just like my old one but took better quality pictures. Wow, the price that goes along with that. Well, after help from Bill I finally made my choice of a Nikon 1 J1 and then Bruce found a great deal on Ebay for a brand new one with a warranty and everything for about $100-$200 less than what I was able to find on line. So excited. It is taking some getting used to and I have just been taking snap shots around the house. The zoom is not nearly as good, but as Bill taught me, with the better quality picture then I just zoom in and crop what I want and you still have really good qulality. I will save up for some of the other lenses you can buy but they are about $250 each...maybe we will find a steal on Ebay again...
(as you may have read, I am having trouble getting pictures to load correctly, so these are not in the order I wanted them...)









Totally love this one.  I don't remember what she was doing but it is too funny!


2 comments:

  1. Looks like it captures everything perfectly!! Madelynn is just getting so big...why can't they stop growing? Hey, the snow falling on here is really awesome by the way! At first i thought i needed my eyes checked;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I thouht it was cool. It was on Blogamation.com
    I wanted to see you at Christmas and ran out of time. Hopefully one of the next trips. I hope it was great!

    ReplyDelete