Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Overwhelming joy

Do you ever just have that moment when your blessings come flooding in and you can hardly breath?  As I am getting ready for Christmas and experiencing all these wonderful traditions and memories with friends and family I find myself overwhelmed with joy at all of the blessings in my life.  Friends who are willing to help with simple things, like take my kids for an hour or clean up my kitchen after a party, people who call just to say "Hi" and and "I love you", a hug from my daughter after a fun day together, a kiss on the cheek from my husband because dinner was good, a smile and full-belly laugh from Annika as she is playing, simple things that make up a full, joyful, blessed life.  There are moments when I begin to reflect on all of these blessings that I feel a catch in my throat and tears welling up in my eyes because God is good.  In all situations, if we choose to see it, in all areas of life God is good!  I am so lucky to have all that we have and I am so thankful for all God has given me that I could shout from the mountain top!  Enjoy your blessings, count them one by one....

No comments:

Post a Comment