Thursday, April 1, 2010

Ankles, where are you?


I have always had very cute ankles, if I do say so myself, and now they are gone! Gone and I don't know where to find them. I looked down and they were no more....now what? I really have been drinking a lot of fluids. Not always water, but watered down tea and juice and water, but it is not working now. My shoes are so tight today I feel like I am wearing Meghan's shoes (who wears a size 5 and I wear an 8 1/2). WHAT DO I DO?!!! Is this going to last 3 months? I don't know if I can stand this. My legs look like small trunks at the bottom and I have never experienced this. The big belly - sure that is cool, the big boobs - used to it but Beau makes fun of me all the time, wanting to eat all the time - love it, having to pee in the middle of the night - not too bad....but this, I just don't know if I can take it. I miss my ankles already. What's an expectant mother to do???!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Suck it up Sally and be glad you can't see those ankles any more!
    I had to give up on most of my shoes around week 30 - Target had a sale on flats and I purchased 2 sizes larger than I usually wear. Good luck & remember the ankles will return:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsey, they're called "cankles" (calf-ankles) and get used to it - most likely they will last until delivery. I had to wear birkenstocks everywhere for the last 3 months of my pregnancy w/ Erin. However, I didn't have them at all w/ Calvin, and someone told me it was because I ate 2 or 3 watermelons a week all by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too funny Kelsey! When I had Ainsley, I lost my legs all together after the induction. I basically had tree trunks for legs by the time she arrived and then for a few days afterwards! And I have pictures to prove it...not a pretty sight so I can relate=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm afraid they are gone for the duration of the pregnancy :( But they will come back. Try to sit with your feet elevated as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete