Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Climbing in Chaco Canyon

Me and Amanda (she teaches math and coaches with me)
We climbed up and down this (this is just a random lady that was there). I was worried I wouldn't fit at first.






This was the rest of the way down/up



We took our class to Chaco Canyon yesterday. It really was a nice day, as you can see. We had a lot of kids who wanted to go on the 4 mile hike, so I had to go with them. It was a little scary at first, but I made it. It was very hard to climb up, my belly was in the way. My students were very sweet and worried about me, but I did well. There were about 4 boys who kept coming back to help me down the rocks. It was very sweet. I was just proud of myself that I could go on a 4 mile climb at 7 months pregnant. I won't do it every day because I am so tired today I can barely keep my eyes open.

6 comments:

  1. Wow Kelsey that's awesome! Go again in month nine and see if that gets labor going=) How sweet of your students...especially the boys. Who says chivalry is dead?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great field trip! Good for you for making the climb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chaco is one of my favorite places to see! Ask my mom about the time she stood in an ant hill while we were at Chaco (maybe Bruce remembers)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the bus ride alone would get labor going. It was very rough and made me a little nervous. I told the bus driver that I would call him in the summer and have him drive me out there on the bus and back and that should do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I couldn't help you photoshop that lady out! LoL...man, if I was allowed to go there I think it would be so awesome! I see these amazing pictures and just imagine what I am missing. My ancestors wouldn't be too happy with me...making dust and trouble. Hahaha perhaps in another lifetime. I would like to see more pictures, cool? :)

    ReplyDelete