Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Check out my skill Lydia....

Ok, I have a very talented sister-in-law (in fact her blog is listed on mine and is called Fade into Bleu) so here is my little project to show off and I think she will be proud. I got this table from my grandma with the ugly gold seat covers on them. I decided it didn't look that hard and I could probably cover them myself. Well, as any project goes it was a little more challenging than I thought, but I like the way it turned out and if I ever did it again it would probably go faster because I already made plenty of mistakes I could learn from.



BEFORE



AFTER


I had some extra fabric so I decided to make one of those ribbon boards. I think it turned out pretty good. It really wasn't that hard, once I worked th kinks out.



Lydia does much more complicated projects than this, but I think I am on the right track. The bad thing about projects....you always think you are going to save money by doing it yourself, but I swear it ends up costing more than you thought. It was still worth it and I am very proud of my new dinning room set. It is even more special because I know I have my grandma's table and some special memories to go with it (yes, special memories at Grandma Fern's).





2 comments:

  1. Kelsey, it looks great! I love it! And yes, at first projects cost a little bit more, but the next time you need to do something similar, you will already have the tools to do it!

    We just got Madelynn's picture yesterday! She is SO adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I am so glad you like the chairs and I am glad Madelynn's pic got there.

    ReplyDelete