Sunday, November 20, 2011

Never say never

I should have listened to my friend Lollie when she told me years ago to never say never about anything to do with your kids. Well, in true child fashion our sweet little girl is making us out to be a liar all the time.
I remember when we 1st had Madelynn and I thought it was so strange when parents called each other "Mommy and Daddy"...well, that didn't take long to take over our vocabulary. In fact it has been quite awhile since I referred to my husband as,...oh, yeah, Bruce. Oh, I'll never lay my kid down with her bottle, well, guess what, she wouldn't sit still enough to drink it so we had no choice, and how it is a habit....I know. Oh I will never let my kid whine and get her way, well sometimes at the end of the day if that is what makes her happy it seems like survival of the fittest. Oh, I am sure these will not be the last times...Hopefully I learn not to say "Never".

I find it amazing the phrases that come out of our mouths at times. For example, "Oh, Small Potatoes is on, that means I'm late for work" or "Let's Hot Dog dance".
I just love it when Madelynn will do something, like say her name, and then as soon as I try to get her to do it for someone else, she makes me a liar once again. I am sure this is just the beginning of many times we will have to eat our words, i just didn't know it would start so early. Ah, parenthood is such a ride.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, those are the first of many "lies"! It is crazy how early their little personalities develop! I never wanted mine to get any bigger either and don't worry...she won't be in kinder with a bottle=) I always have to tell myself that when it comes to the potty training phase of parenting because it seems like they'll never get it. But then you look back and wonder why you ever stressed out about when it was never really that bad!

    ReplyDelete