Tuesday, November 18, 2014

My Daughter is....

My daughter is beautiful and sweet.  She loves the sound of her sister's voice.  She loves to play with beads and necklaces and things that make "clinking" sounds.  She loves to roll and get the picnic basket toy from across the room.  She is happy when she is being held but she also likes to be independent.  She thinks it is funny when you hang her upside down.  She is delicate but also tough and can withstand therapy, people poking and prodding her and endless days of spitting up.  She is my joy everyday and she is a sweet smile in the middle of the night when I am so tired I can barely stay awake.  Sometimes I talk to so many doctors and therapists that I feel like all I focus on is what she can and can't do at this point in time, how well she is eating, what to feed her, how I should feed it to her, how she is sleeping and the list goes on.  But she is so much more than all of that and that is what I need to focus on.

1 comment:

  1. Kelsey... Your positive outlook is spreading to Annika... that is why she is happy and smiling and enjoying life. You look for the sunshine and you turn away the clouds. What a blessing you are to so many! Annika IS beautiful and sweet, and God smiles when he knows you see that! Sure, those hard times don't go away...but they are balanced... and when you need God's extra help, reach for his hand! Love you!

    ReplyDelete