Friday, November 28, 2014

His purpose is greater than our fears

Sometimes I let my mind wander, and, let's face it, that is never a good thing.  I start to worry about what will happen in the future.  What if I die, who will take care of Annika?  What is someone tries to take advantage of her weaknesses (or Madelynn for that matter)?  What if I can't help her be the best she was designed to be?  I start to get scared and wonder why God trusted me with her and with Madelynn.  Then I have to stop, reign myself back and and remind myself that, He has plans for me, "plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I remind myself that HIS PURPOSE IS GREATER THAN MY FEARS!  He has a purpose in giving Annika to me, He has a purpose for her being born at this time and in this world that we live in.  His purpose is greater than any fear I could have.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord.
"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."
Why do I even start to doubt?  I know that God will take care of her and take care of us.  He has a plan, He is sovereign and all I have to do is trust.  So when I start to feel the doubt and fear coming on, because I know it will - I am human - I have to run to Him, trust Him and remember always, that HIS PURPOSE IS GREATER THAN MY FEARS.

No comments:

Post a Comment