Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I hope to return soon....

Life has been so crazy with soccer this year (thank goodness this is my last year).  I keep thinking I will have time in the evening but I just don't.  I am so tired by the time the evening comes that I just want to sit there or I am busy making dinner for the next night so we will have something decent to eat. 

Madelynn is getting so big.  It amazes me the things she says each day.  My mom has always bribed the kids with gum...this started with Grady.  They know if they give her a kiss and hug they can have gum..hey, whatever works.  So Madelynn tells me the other day, "Give me kiss, I give you gum."  Out of the mouth of babes.  We wanted her to take a bath the other night and she decided she wanted to eat dinner 1st (yes, we have problems at dinner time...it is just a product of our lifestyle) so she climbs up on the bar stool and yells back to Bruce who is in the bathroom turning on the bath, "Daddy, shut off the water I am going to eat!"  It just amazes me. 

She can be so feisty at times...well most of the time.  But she can be very sweet.  Her grandpa Hatch has been in the hospital again and she is very worried about him.  She has been asking to see him and where he is.  He is now out so she should get to see him this week.  We are working on being kind everyday.  She is around a lot of older kids and I can tell some of the things she picks up from them, but she is usually very thoughtful.  When she does something wrong she says, "Sowry charwe (sorry charlie)" and it always makes me laugh (although I think this is why she does this because then it is hard to stay mad at her). 

She is very intuitive and only has to see you do something once...so we have to be very careful.  I put a pen in my mouth in church the other day so I could get a paper out.  I looked over and there she was sitting on the chair with her legs crossed and a pen in her mouth.  My little monkey see, monkey do...

As fall approaches I can't wait to experience it with her.  She loves pumpkins and leaves.  She loves to point out the birds and butterflies and will inform you that only God can make them (thanks to her little poem she learned - I really need to video her doing it).  She knows the letter M and points it out as we drive by signs or she sees it at the house.  She is learning her letters and sounds and the Pledge of Allegiance at school.  She comes home with something new everyday.  She loves to help cook.  She helps me measure things out and she stirs (She and Lynn made "zanga" - lasagna and apple crisp the other night).  She loves to cheer for the bobcats (granted she thinks all football players are the bobcats).  Life is good, just very busy.  I will add pictures soon and more updates.  Only a few weeks of soccer left!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome! I can't even believe that this much time has passed already. :) You my friend are awesome and time only exists when you want it to. ;) I say enjoy these moments that make you smile from the inside out. Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete